Thursday, September 15, 2005 | By: Unknown

Roger Clemens pitched tonight.

Roger Clemens' mom died today. He pitched tonight..I shit you not..he pitched over six innings..and boy did they win that game..the final score was: 10-2. Rocket said his mom was also his dad..I recognize that type of parent..I was one..still am actually..Bess Clemens was smiling down on her son tonight you can bet your sweet ass on that fact..The 'Stros are only half a game out of the wild card spot. Bess died of emphysema, she was 75. She loved her son and the game of baseball. What a broad...and broad is not negative to me..just so you know..an excerpt from the cbs sportsline article about tonights game: Just after the final out, a tribute to Clemens' mother was shown on the giant video screen, and Astros players stood in the infield and watched, while Clemens saw it on a monitor in the clubhouse. The video included Clemens talking about his mother at previous news conferences, his mother talking about him and video of them together on a baseball field.
"It was great to see her look so pretty like I remember," he said with tears in his eyes.

Its only 19 days 18 hours 32 minutes and 53 seconds till the playoffs start..I figured you needed to know that..the universal you..My National League West division is still pathetic and fucking embarrassing..how in the name of god can a team lead a division with less than half their games in the Win column..I really hope the astro's make it into the playoffs...and the Yank!$ dont :) the link to the sportsline article is here. It might make you cry..I came close...all mom's are special for the most part..but Bess was a great mom. In her final hours she was still talking baseball...

5 people gave us their .02 cents:

Thomcat said...

that is one baseball family...roger's boys names all start with K for strikeout ...

Jerrster said...

wow that is incredible.
I did hear about it a little on the news but didn't know about what went on at the ballpark.

Beth said...

Awwwww, what a honey!

Bsoholic said...

What a trooper playing when his mom had died.

Chick said...

You're right...what a great broad.

I hope to be the same kind of old lady...she had a passion for her family & a passion for baseball...I'm sure that got her through a lot. He pitched...because he knew that's what she would have wanted...what greater tribute is there than that?!

You...my deary dear...are a baseball godess.