Thursday, September 22, 2005 | By: Unknown

Earthquake day in the San Joaquin Valley

I was laying on my bed playing with one of the kittens when I heard a strange noise, exactly the same time I felt the bed jolt..i looked to see that all the dogs were sleeping, no one was moving or scratching..hmm...must of been a quake..then another one less than an hour later..larger than the first, a 4.9..now I see we got a whole lot o shaking going on here..USGS(us geological survey)says we have had roughly half a dozen in the last hour..most getting smaller in intensity..woot! and I gotta go to work..if your an earthquake freak like I am(living in the land of quakes)the link to the USGS site with all the info is here. What does the bible say about such things? quakes and hurricanes..oh my..if the world is coming to an end i want to be busy..so I wont notice lol...

8 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

i would feel the same way..i don't want to even be able to notice that it's coming to an end...

Joel said...

At least earthquakes hit with no warning. There's no watching the weather map, anticipating the hour of doom as with hurricanes....

You're not in Houston, thankfully. (Perhaps this is payback for all the whines of "I wouldn't live in California because of all the earthquakes?")

The Zombieslayer said...

Dusty - You seriously need to leave California. Trust me. After tornados, hurricanes, flash floods, and blizzards, you'll be thankful that all you have to deal with are earthquakes.

Of all of those, I think hurricanes are the worst. Both hurricanes and tornados will destroy your house, but at least with a tornado, you won't be wet for days.

Jenn Doll said...

Scary. Everything scares the shit outta me. I'm starting to realize I'm just a pansy at heart. Boo.

I'm glad it wasn't bad an my Dusty's okay!

Beth said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay, sugar!

Thomcat said...

i'd rather stay here with volcanoes and earthquakes than hurricanes or zombie plagues ...

Unknown said...

For some reason I perfer quakes over tornados and hurricanes..I have been thru a hurricane and the force is awesome and long lasting..a quake is a matter of seconds and at the most, a minute or two..big friggin deal..they dont bother me for the most part since they are so quick in nature..if you house is gonna come tumbling down its going to happen in a ny minute..and its over..

Linda Jones Malonson said...

One can't always run from Mother Nature ... if she doesn't blow us away, she will bury us. I think California is beautiful, but she's dangerous ... I don't think there is a place on earth where one is safe from some disaster or another. I am glad, however, that you all were ok ...