Monday, September 12, 2005 | By: Unknown

The Forgotten Victims of Katrina need your help as well.

Being a major animal lover I chose to support this relief service provider: United Animal Nations. T.Boone Pickens, a wealthy texas oilman has already been renting planes to move some of the distressed dogs and cats, and those rescued from the flood waters to other shelters within the U.S. My hometown of San Diego has received some of the casualties from this disaster. Please provide monetary support if your able. These little victims are the ones least able to save themselves. Horrifying pictures of them tied to bridges or covered in oil residue and left by the side of the road by no fault of the owners in most cases have been published and sicken me and other animal lovers. The state and federal officials are willing to rescue humans but not animals evidently since they refused to allow people to bring their pets on buses and into the safe areas. People willing to take in pets can also contact UAN through links provided on their website I believe. Every penny counts towards saving a life. Help them if you can. The link to the Organizations Home Page is here.

6 people gave us their .02 cents:

The Zombieslayer said...

That's cool. As I've said on I think it was Laura's blog, during a disaster crisis, if anyone tells me that we have to leave my dog, they get shot. My dog comes with.

It really irks me how little regard people have for animals. Not just pets, but animals in general. "That cougar's getting too close to our suburb."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to kill it."

Sad thing was, there was no suburb there a month ago. Poor guy's just looking for his lunch.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your entire post ZS..thanks for posting it :)

Jerrster said...

Dusty...that is a great topic...most of the media I've seen anyway have only briefly mentioned the animals displaced...good for you!

Jerrster said...

or is that displaced animals?...well you know what I meant.

John Q. Public esq. said...

D-Lady,

Lutheran eh what? I myself would not be a member of a religion based on an act of vandalism performed by a disgruntled employee.

They still owe us for a church door.

Indiana has the second highest population of Germanic followers of that cult. Here in River City, Indiana the predominate ones here are the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church of America, which to my understanding is a little right of Hitler’s S.S.

But, back to your request, anything for you dear heart…. Anything indeed.

JQP esq.

Unknown said...

lmao JQP..your a hoot my dear man..
mel..i love you girl.but you know that :)

Jerry..your a sweetheart..and single? come to momma :P