Sports Blogs I read
Warriors complete sweep of Trail Blazers with blowout win in Portland - Golden State dominated from the very start. The Golden State Warriors sealed a playoff series sweep over the Portland Trail Blazers three minutes into t...3 hours ago
D'Onta Foreman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of His Infant Son's Death - Texas running back D’Onta Foreman had a tremendous season on the field for the Longhorns last year, rushing for 2,028 yards, scoring 15 touchdowns, and w...3 hours ago
VIDEO: The Warriors Are Shooting the Damn Lights Out - Unbelievable basketball.4 hours ago
‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Doesn’t Bother With The Details Of Its Own Story - 'The Zookeeper's Wife', starring Jessica Chastain, never bothers with the details of its own narrative.3 weeks ago
Padres Spring Training 2017: Broadcast schedule announced - You'll be able to catch 32 Spring Training games via TV, radio, or audio webcast. Padres Spring Training is getting closer and closer, with only 14 days...2 months ago
Red Sox vs. Mariners lineups: Andrew Benintendi waits for tomorrow - Andrew Benintendi is in Seattle, but out of the lineup Tuesday night. Andrew Benintendi's debut will wait one more day as Bryce Brentz starts in left fi...8 months ago
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 | By: Dusty Taylor
King James is trying to lead the unwashed to the promised land in Detroit. Lebron James, who some baptised as the "baby jesus" when he was blowing them out of the water in high school, is trying to win the 7th game for his team, the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cav's aren't looking too hot, but Lebron..well, he's King James and he's doing his best. Since basketball is a team sport, it doesn't bode well for the Cav's against the Pistons today.
My Padres were summarily swept by the Seattle Mariners. Its painful to type these words but here they are: The Padres are tanking quicker than a 17-year old drinking his first pint of Wild Turkey. They have gone from first to fourth in the standings in a weeks time. Piazza is warming the pine, as he should,but they might want to consider bringing him back full time since the pitchers just aren't getting it done lately. They need something, perhaps its a catcher that has a ton of seasons under his belt,unlike the two guys now behind the plate(both rookies).
Barbaro is still in surgery. This noble creature has survived his usually life-ending injuries thus far. He has been in surgery for over four hours. This should be taken as a good sign, he would of been euthanized quickly if they found something worse when they opened him up. I thought of that valiant filly Ruffian when he went down. Sportsline has a story up today about her. The match race with Foolish Pleasure at Belmont was where she went down, they euthanized her immediately. I cried like a baby, it broke my heart to watch in horror as she tried to get up. Its rare in Thorobred racing history when a filly like Ruffian comes along, able to best the boys as she did so wonderfully in the 70's. Her heart, her spirit were so much bigger than her body. The chances are still very slim that Barbaro will survive this horrible injury. He has two complete breaks in his hind leg. Consider if you will that a horse's foot is so small that it takes two of them to equal one human foot. Yet, the weight they carry on each foot is over four times the amount a human carries on one of their two feet. There is still a chance Barbaro will not heal or even make it through the night, coming out of the anethesia is the worst part they say, horses thrash and many times injure themselves even worse. All this, so they can make some money off him as a sire? I hope that isn't their only motivation..I would hate to ask God to smite their asses.
I love writing over here on this blog. I get a chance to break away from the horror show that our current administration has become. I get to indulge my love of sports. I get to relish a great catch, a game-winning three pointer or a golf shot that defies explanation. I get to vent about men playing a child's game for lots of money and fame. Its a diversion I love usually. Being the biggest animal lover bar none, today it just isn't a fun day to blog about sports. Noble creatures like Barbaro do what they do because its in their blood, their nature..they know nothing else in life. Men that play childrens games..not so much.
Bitchy, opinionated female that loves sports.
My political blog is here.
The Shit I bitch about...
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (99)
- ► 2007 (89)
- Todays Useless News
- This site is a great way to spend some quality in...
- Remembering the Boys
- Barroid passes the Babe*
- 2464 Reasons to Hate this administration.
- A baseball card blog...
- Parody Alert!!!!
- Baseball and other items of note...
- And from out WTF? Dept comes this...
- MIT has hawks..who knew?
- I have one question..
- That's a lot of hardware in one leg..
- Your Sports Sunday Sermon from the valley of the s...
- Barroid ties the Babe*.
- Tagged by Newt...
- I had to report on this..its regarding shoes..
- Catch and Release? Was he sucking up to fishermen ...
- Oh for the love of God, wtf happened at the Padres...
- Make sure next time there are No Pets Left Behind
- Axl took the stage in NYC..hot damn!
- Al Gore does SNL last Saturday.
- Mothers day circa 2006
- A Shameless plug for Joe Bonamassa's new Blues CD,...
- Boxing great Floyd Patterson dies.
- Blogging takes a back seat to life..film at 11
- The Army is recruiting Autistic 18 year olds..are ...
- EV's can get a speeding ticket..who knew?
- 10th anniversary of medicinal marijuana bill's pas...
- Game of Shadow's authors to appear before the Gran...
- Damn, I guess Aunt Gladys is gonna have to order f...
- Your Computer..yes yours..can help solve the myste...
- Kirby Pucketts "girl friend" fights with his kids....
- Links ...its what makes the blog world go around.
- Dirty Jesus returns to the Fens
- Anna Nicole gets the Supremes to see her side of t...
- Those bastards are at it again..Stop them Now!
- Webcams of interest...
- ▼ May (37)