Friday, May 05, 2006 | By: Unknown

Damn, I guess Aunt Gladys is gonna have to order from the internet now.

The great state of South Carolina is considering a bill, brought forth by a Repube I might add, that will outlaw the sale of sex toys..

Now, I love this article because the sex shop worker they quote has worked at the same sex shop for..20 YEARS!!! Must have some damn good employee benefits don't ya think?

The punishment for selling a sex toy will be 5 years and $10 grand in fines..Jesus christ in a thong..thats a tad harsh for selling ..um..a toy ..isn't it?

The linkage to the article is here..this just ruins my Friday..another state going anti-sex toy..such a buzzkill.

13 people gave us their .02 cents:

John Q. Public esq. said...

yes, I made it to wrok, granted a bit late since I had to walk.

being from SC... I can tell you that "our" women folk dont need no sex toys...

unless it allows us to go out on our bass boats and drink beer more often...

all my best,

JQP

Anonymous said...

Upon reading this post, I asked my SC readers about it...

Unknown said...

AND????? don't keep me hangin Sonic..thats mean :P

Newt said...

Well dang, now I gotta cross SC off my list of places I can live. Sheeooot. Or perhaps we should all pool our money and buy an island. UPS and FedEx claim to deliver anywhere so that shouldn't be a problem. And on our island you can have all the sex toys, illegals, gay married, cross dressing, Harry potter reading (it's the only book I can think of that people have tried to get banned) people that will fit. Until we are overpopulated and or speaking different languages, or till we become godless. Then perhaps we need to watch for an army invasion led (from a safe distance) by Bush cause obviously all that free thinking freedom will make us terrorists. (I'ts friday, I'm aloud to exagerate and be silly :-))

Beth said...

Thank God for the internet!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what they think Dusty. No one has commented yet. : P

Unknown said...

Newt sweetie..we can use the internet for our play toys dear..relax..take a deep breath..exhale..now..don't you feel better?

I do heart you however :)

Kurt said...

newt, not trying to start anything, but folks are always trying to ban the Bible....
love ya dusty, missed your list this friday.

M said...

I had no real reason to visit SC anyway.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Does this mean that those, um, "shoulder massagers" they sell in the drug store are going to be illegal too?

Unknown said...

probably not o wise one..politics play a part in this too I bet..its a way to close down the sex toys shoppes.

I so like the english style of that word :P

Sue said...

Yall! Welcome to my world!

That is one of our lamer stories as of late. There are a couple of jerks up there (in the Statehouse-that's what we call Columbia, the Capital) who introduce nutty bills all the time.

Part of our beautiful Frances Marion Nat'l Park is slated for sale by the current Federal Administration. THAT'S what they need to worry about.

Unknown said...

ITs such a sin to sell parts of National Parks..why doesn't god smite their ass's for that crap?