Sunday, May 14, 2006 | By: Unknown

Mothers day circa 2006

Today I think of mothers that have lost their children in Iraq. Its not a happy thought of course, its sad and depressing. I do not wish to depress you, my dear reader, that isn't my intent. But, the one thing mothers seem to have in massive doses is compassion.

Mommy's are the most compassionate bunch of human's on the planet. Its something they find within themselves when they become mothers if they didn't feel it already. Compassion can feed the spirit, lifting us up when things seem bleak. Its an emotion that is essential to being a decent human being. That said, mothers are usually the most decent human beings on the planet. I like being part of the "Mommy" brigade. I think it made me a better human being. I think it sustained me when I was ready to toss in the towel on life during various points in my long journey through this world.

Mommy's are the glue that holds this world together. Lets rejoice that there are Mommy's! Lets hope that we get to see a Mothers day next year that has no war in it.

8 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

Here, here. Happy Mother's Day Boo. I love you. :)

pingcat said...

Amen or Hear, Hear on having a Mother's Day with NO WAR ... anywhere ...

enigma4ever said...

Happy Mothers Day...and that we are indeed the Glue.
and maybe someday the world will appreciate that glue...more.

lecram sinun said...

A Happy Mothers Day to you, Dusty! :)

Sue said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Well said! Happy Mother's Day Dusty!

Anonymous said...

You're right. Killing all the white Republican cocksuckers IS the only answer.

Unknown said...

Doc..where in the hell did that come from?