Tuesday, May 02, 2006 | By: Unknown

Links ...its what makes the blog world go around.



NY Magazine has an interesting article that I filched from somewhere.It shows the top 50 blogs in terms of linkage..that all important part of building readership. Interesting part is, not all the blogs are in English. Many are in Japanese or Chinese..or just European blogs. It seems that many of the American Blogs are political in content.. DailyKos, The Huffington Post and Insta Pundit for examples..How many political blogs do you, my dear reader peruse? The ever-popular Post Secret is way up there. I have never been to that site but I do frequent most of the political ones.

The linkage..lol..to the mag's article is here. Wonder if they are counting the links to their article :)

7 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

I've visited Post Secret a few times. Kind of depressing, lets you know the sorrow in the world outside of your own thoughts.

I used to visit AmericaBlog, Kos, Left Coaster, My DD alot, especially in 2004. Hardly ever anymore.

the only blogs I visit nowadays are all on my blogroll.

Unknown said...

Thats the whole enchilada..the blogroll..its mightier than anything else in blogland.I do not visit Americablog or DailyKos anymore..they are WAY too full of themselves..

Anonymous said...

They were getting too ridiculous with the "Look at this shit!" kind of stuff. Just lost interest in those places.

The Misanthrope said...

I visit my "friends" and new ones like you and sonicrusk. Poliblog is pretty much all I can take of the Republic vain. He tries to be objective. I used to go into highly neocon blogs to start fights but it depressed me so that they have no concept of helping their follow man/woman.

Martin said...

Love Post Secret. Yes, it's depressing but I like to be reminded that my problems are definitely overshadowed by those of others and that I can hang tough. I probably will start adding to my links sometime soon as I really do visit more than I have linked.

Trish said...

I read very few political blogs, because I either feel dumb when I read them or I get mad.

Unknown said...

Trishalicious..NEVER feel dumb. I read them to learn other peoples views of a situation or another side to the same coin. Most poli blogs don't talk down to people,those that do..I refuse to read anymore. Americablog is one of those. Aravosis is so full of himself its pathetic, and he is demeaning to commenters that don't agree with him. Most poli blogs are basically regurgitated news from the newswire with a little opinion tossed in. I recently did a post on my poli blog about such a situation..are bloggers journalists. I got it from Doug Thompson's personal blog Blue Ridge Muse. It was a very thought-provoking piece and I did some soul-searching as a result of his post.