Tuesday, May 16, 2006 | By: Unknown

Axl took the stage in NYC..hot damn!


Don't get too excited..he was over 75 minutes late hitting the stage...some things never change. He did have one old GnR musician..keyboardist Dizzy Reed with him along with Chris Pittman, ex-Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, former Primus kitman Brian "Brain" Mantia and three guitarists: erstwhile Nine Inch Nails member Robin Finck, ex-Psychedelic Furs axeman Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, a New York musician hired just last week to replace long-departed virtuoso Buckethead.

Axl isn't a "spring" chicken anymore,hes 44. The review I read of the concert here, said that he was sweating his ass off just 2 minutes into the gig. It also noted his "visually noticable added poundage"..lord, he's fat now? Say it ain't so Axl!

He did the old fav's of course along with several of the new cuts that have been leaked by those nasty music pirates :P His voice buckled a few times according to the article.

The average age of the audience was figured (wtf?) at 35 although some "grandparent" types were seen rocking out. He's got a couple more days on the East Coast..I so wish I was there for this, even if it did cost hundreds to see him and $85 bucks for an Axl hockey jersey..damn..maybe I am glad I wasn't there...

11 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't pay me enough to go see Axl. He wore out his welcome with me a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

I remember when he was dating the Victoria's Secret supermodel Stephanie Seymour. She is still quite hot BTW. Could you imagine if they were still together, her hot ass and his fat ass?

Anonymous said...

I had a roommate that had Axl posters (in his prime) all over the room and when you closed the door, one small picture of the Budweiser girls. He was 5'2", 135 lbs and they called him (or he called himself, actually,) "Spike." I swear he was a closet homosexual. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, LOL) Just made me feel a little strange rolling over in the middle of the night. Have a good one.
TG

Unknown said...

Axl and GnR are part and parcel of my youth..I loved their lyrics and Slash's solos..I guess I just can not let them go..evidently Axl can't either :P

Anonymous said...

Your youth???? :p

John Burzynski said...

I just can't stomach Axl or G&R. Never was very fond of any of their music. Axl has assaulted too many people to count, and the guy is at the least a homophobe if not a hater of gays (and also is a racist, for that matter).

A few musicians, I just can't separate their politics and lifestyles fromt heir music, and Axl is one of them.

And I was (well, OK, still am) a headbanger from way back.

Unknown said...

I don't know about the rapist part John B..never heard about that.

Bruce..anything 10 years or longer was my "youth" jackass..its my story and I am telling it dammit :P

John Burzynski said...

racist...not rapist

mikevotes said...

Unrelated to post, feel free to delete this comment.

Just followed over after your comment at my place and noticed you had put me on the links list. I don't know how long it's been there, but thanks. I will happily reciprocate.

Mike

Anonymous said...

God bless Axl Rose!

Did you see the new cover of Rolling Stone?

They have Axl right next to Zitney Spears, it makes me wonder what kind of a statement they are trying to make. I mean they couldnt put him next to Sid Vicious or Ozzy or even Freddie Mercury WTF.

Axl was the voice of my generation, no wonder everything is all fucked up.

Well anyway, its time to hop the night train to go see my michelle because they are out to get me for dancing with mr. brownstone.

Helen the Felon said...

My friends went...they said the show was, surprisingly, incredible. They're both music writers, and one is a musician, so they're not easy to impress. They did confirm that Axl basically looks like Cartman with cornrows, but said he sounded great nonetheless. They played for 2 hours. I'm actually a little bit sorry I missed it.