Tuesday, September 26, 2006 | By: Unknown

Oh Sweet Jesus, its almost playoff time in baseball!


In 6 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes and 13 seconds they begin. The Baseball playoffs.

I am so excited. I love this time of year. Even if MY team doesn't make it into the playoffs, I love them. My Padres are in 1st in the NL West by two games as I write this..although they are attempting to give this evenings game to the St. Louis Cards..bastards. The Dodgers, the ball and chains team, are beating the Rockies..and since the Phillies lost today, I guess thats a good thing for the hated Dodgers in the race for the Wild Card spot.

I could give a shit as long as my Padres don't give it up to the Dodgers..only 6 games left in the season. I just don't want to listen to a whole friggin winter of "my team made it, how about yours woman?". That shit tends to piss me off. I don't gloat...well, maybe here on the blog..but not to him. Its not nice to gloat.

The game now is..who will win the MVP, the Cy Young and the ROY (Rookie of the Year)? These awards are voted on by the baseball writers.. an illustrious group of fuckwits if ever I saw one. Half of them are egocentric blowhards, the rest are pretty good and sometimes quite funny. There is a nice breakdown of the players that might possibly win any of these awards over at SI.com

I would like to see Pujols win the MVP again..but the kid from Philly is looking like the sure winner. Ryan Howard would be the first Philly since Mike Schmidt to win the MVP. I still like Prince Albert. He is a good person, doesn't have a huge ego and truely cares about kids. His stepdaughter has downs syndrome and I think he has a non-profit organization that helps these wonderful kids. To me, an MVP is more than stats..its about character and Albert Pujols surely has that in massive amounts.EDIT: I have been informed that yes, A.Pujols has a foundation for exceptional kids, the linkage is here.

There are also whispers that my man Trevor Hoffman might get the CY..I am not banking on it because Brandon Webb really deserves it. I watched Webb come up through the Dbacks ranks when I lived in AZ.

When its all said and done baseball players are grown men playing a childs game for a whole lotta money.

OK, gotta root the Padres on..and my back is thrashed as it was physical therapy day..have a good Hump Day my dear reader :)

9 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

The Cards are toast, and frankly, I'll be glad when the season is over. Howard will win the MVP; most voters don't have a memory longer than their dick, so it's the old "what have you done for me lately". And yes, AP has a foundation. Here's the link...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm not being negative here; just realistic.

Unknown said...

Well Howard is having a bang up year B..gotta admit that.

As for your Cards, dude..the Pads won't make it past the first round, but I don't care..I love them and I love the game..

Unknown said...

Yes Seamus m'dear it surely is. I just live for the next month. Then when football ends, I mope about until spring training..

The Stiltwalker said...

are there any hot single Brave's players that you think may want to date me?

pissed off patricia said...

Oh my Dusty, here's where we part ways in thinking. Just cannot follow baseball, but if you wanna do some football talk, I'm all liberal ears. :)

Unknown said...

Stilt, you are so damn hot girl, they all would..I swear on my mother..and she's not even dead yet.

Pop..as soon as I get around to it, I will do some football stuff, I have a big love for all things football too :)

Anonymous said...

They will if they have to play STL again, but not much chance of that happening...

Unknown said...

B..think positive..your team and my team will make the first round of the playoffs..then they will flounder like a fish out of water..but they got there!