Sunday, April 23, 2006 | By: Unknown

Nursing Slang.

This post had me rolling..I was crying and laughing so hard my cats stopped running around like banshees and stared at me. Its from a new link on my sidebar whom I call "Nurse Rachet". This dude cracks me up..seriously he is very funny and when I need a laugh, I check him out. The link to the post in the title is here. Some of the ones that just killed me were:

A smurf: Somebody in respiratory distress.
O-sign: Unconscious with the mouth open.
Q-sign: Same as above, with the tongue out.
Gone for a breathing treatment: Left the floor to go smoke.

Go visit his blog..he's great, you won't be sorry if you like dry humor and bbq stuff.

8 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

You linked to yourself in the link "nursing slang."

Unknown said...

The title for some reason does link to my blog..always..but in the body "here" it does link to Jagular's post m'dear Sonic.

Anonymous said...

Having worked in a hospital for more than 22 years, and having two nurses in my family(mother and sister), I've heard some of these before. They have acronyms for almost every situation...

Unknown said...

did you go check out his site b? the acronyms just slayed me..

Anonymous said...

Yes, dear, I did. :)

Unknown said...

Did they make you smile B? God knows you need a smile..as do I..btw..I go to the orthopod thursday morning B..I will let you know what he says.

Anonymous said...

It's funny until I see myself as a smurf hanging a Q-sign.

Then it's not funny anymore. :(

Unknown said...

Its not supposed to be deep doc..you either laugh or cry at life..