Monday, October 03, 2005 | By: Unknown

Sports and nuttin but..

No politics this morning, I have a headache...

The baseball playoffs begin in 1 day 5 hours 39 min. and 26 seconds. Both the Yank$ and the Bosox are in there. The Indians had a meltdown of historic proportions, rivaled by only the Angels of the late 80's and early 90's. Due to some archaic rule the AL East ended up with both top teams in the division tied AND going to the playoffs..its a dumb rule, thats all i gotta say...just remember this...the boys from Boston won it all from the Wild Card spot last year..nuff said..when the playoffs start Tuesday Morning, the first game of the day will be MY Padres and the St.Louis Cards. My boys finished two friggin games over .500 and I am fairly sure this is some sort of disgusting record for a team winning a divison in Baseball. Being a nightowl, I just heard Buster Olney say at 4am pacific time: the Padres are going to move on to the second round over the Cards..jesus christ is that guy drunk or something? But you know sportsfans..i do want my padres to win this round of the playoffs, i just dont feel its possible..i mean, come on..the realist says they are going down..the baseball fan in me thinks anything is possible..GO PADRES!!

The Other San Diego team, the Chargers, beat up on the Super Bowl winning Patriots Sunday..beat them like the proverbial ugly step child..41-17..but in all fairness, the Pats are beat up and injured on the defensive side of the ball..still...sure feels good! The brother's Manning both looked good this week. Cinncinati is 4-0...huh..no shit?? Does anyone remember the Icky Shuffle?? Redskins are unbeaten as well..true story..When I lived in upper VA, about 15 minutes from D.C., I had a friend who shared my love of football. She had a Brother and Father that were rabid Redskin fans...The Skins tickets were VERY hard to come by seeing as how RFK didnt hold alot of folks and in their heydey, the Skins sold alot of season tix..anyways, my friend calls me one Saturday morning and tells me her dad is in the hospital, possible heartattack. I give my condolences and she interrupts me. She says, "dad is going to be fine, and Mom gave me the tickets to tomorrows skins game,before my brother could get his hands on them." These seats were SOOOOO damn good, field level 50 yard line. IT seems the family held an impromptu meeting in the hospital room about who was going to get the tickets until Dad was well enough to go his own self..her brother threw a hissy-fit when Daddy said sister woman should get the honor since her love was deeper for the Skins than the son's. Dad almost had another coronary when the son said he was going to the family home and grab them up post haste..The doctors and nurses had to toss said son out of the room for upsetting Dad,who was screaming loud enough to be heard throughout the floor..they are Italian..nuff said.. :)

Correction..the Braves have only won 14 straight division titles..not 18..my bad. :)

Best pitching staff in the play0ffs..Houston Astros..The Rocket, Pettitte, and Oswalt..them boyz are good..especially in a five game series..

6 people gave us their .02 cents:

Jill said...

Congrats on the Chargers. I was very excited about the game. My 'Boys blew it but OU won and my DJ kicked it up at Taladaga! So not too bad of a weekend!

Beth said...

God. You know they're die-hard fans if they have a meeting about it in the hospital. LOL

John Q. Public esq. said...

Well, for me it was Football Sat. but then again I am like that, baseball just bores me to tears, but cricket now there is a sport...

Breaking news:
This just in: John Q. Public esq. once again over looked by Bush White House for Supreme Court position soon to be vacated by the gnarled fingered, tight assed, old woman in robes, Sandy Dee…


JQP

Unknown said...

Yes Jill I was rooting for Dale too..he got his old crewchief back and it seems to have worked wonders for him..the ball and chain is an OU fan..

My beloved Professor..I knew I could count on you being a sportsfan girl..i heart you :)

Your Royal Highness..you have no idea..their nuts..to this day even!

John my love..I KNOW the ND fight song was on your lips saturday..i always think of you now when I watch them boys..that and the touchdown jesus..I will blog about the new Supreme on the wacky Politics blog lata..thanks for the update sweetie :)

Jenn Doll said...

Miss you, Dusty...

Martin said...

Very wild week in football. I really need Sundays off to watch all the games.