Tuesday, May 17, 2005 | By: Unknown

The hardest thing i will ever have to do..

I have to put my sister's dog to sleep today..its not my job but i volunteered. I would want someone to do the same for me. He attacked the math tutor last nite and then went after my sister's husband..its more than anyone can take..they have tried literally half a dozen doggy psych's and spent hundreds of $$$$ on everything from medications to training, all to no avail. Her and I have been crying all morning, i told her to leave I will sit and do the death watch..I gotta hand it to her, i do not think i could of put the effort and the money into the dog that she has...since she has no idea of his background, its hard to say why he has gone berserk like this..attacking your own master is NOT a normal dog behavior and even the professionals are at a loss to figure out this whole mess...all i know is this..it hurts more than i can bear and watching my sister suffer the guilt of wondering if she could of done more is breaking my heart..i think she has done all that is humanly possible for this dog, its time for him to go to sleep..he will no longer be a jumbled nervous mess and everyone in her household can now relax and not worry if he is going to rip their face off as he has been attempting to do the last few months..hes just a lil guy..a yorkie..i cant type anymore..i cant see my monitor...later sportsfans..

5 people gave us their .02 cents:

daisyduke said...

oh dusty...i'd go with you.
i hope you know your sister appreciates you for volunteering. bless you for stepping up to the plate

UnHoly Diver said...

I wish I could be there with you to lend support to you and your sister, boo. I know what it's like. I'll call later to check up on you.

Unknown said...

Hey b...you got my cell..call me..its been the roughest day i have ever had..ever..

Rat In A Cage said...

You might be doing the dog a favor. Lots of people who end up with dimentia and eratic behavior have periods of lucidity where they beg for someone to put them out of their misery.

Hang in there.

Jenn Doll said...

Aww, Dusty, you're a great sister. You guys will be fine and like you said, they can now relax and he is no longer a nervous mess.

*Sending love your way*