Monday, October 22, 2007 | By: Unknown

SoCal is burning...

I am a native San Diegan, although I don't live there now..I live north of LA. But most of my family lives in San Diego and Escondido. My sister whom I was just down visiting with last week is now evacuating her home in Scripps Ranch. Scripps wasn't anywhere near the fire area at 8am this morning.

There are over 8 major fires burning just in San Diego county alone. I can watch the carnage live and in burning color on the internets..but it doesn't make me feel any better knowing my sister and her family are having to leave their house.

She was hysterical when I talked to her a few minutes ago. It broke my heart. I don't know what to do at this point but stare blankly at the laptop and watch my favorite place in the world go up in flames.

They are burning to the ocean. The beach cities of Del Mar and Solana beach of being evacutated now too.

Four years ago this week was the last huge fire in San Diego..the Cedar fire. That one came close to my sister..but they didn't have to evacuate. In fact, they housed friends and their pets for weeks that lost their homes.

My sister is frantic, she just called and she can't even get out of her own neighborhood..its a clusterfuck. Everyone waited too long..

I am so sad..I am scared..I am tired of watching orange flames lick up and down the canyons.
I gotta go, my sister is on the phone again. My Dad might be getting the evacuation call now.

Christ it is so fucked up down there.

0 people gave us their .02 cents: