Sunday, February 05, 2006 | By: Unknown

Steel Curtain hangs tough.

Great friggin game..awesome plays and momentum-changing miscues, it held my attention all four quarters. Steelers hung in there and won 21-10. This makes me happy and my wallet even happier, they beat the spread...gotta pay for all those shoes from ebay ya know ;)

The Bus retired..right on TV after the game and the trophy presentation. Go out on top, smart, classy man Jerome..

Polamalu was all over the field, his hair flowing like the Steelers "D". Even Benny's two interception's didnt scare me, well, one did result in a TD. The Steelers are now tied with the Niners and the Cowboys for 5 SB wins..most in the 40 year history of the game.

The Rolling Stones at half time weren't too bad..Mick seemed to be lip-syncing..not sure. No wardrobe problems this year..ah shucks. Bill Cowher, the longest tenured Coach in the NFL finally won the big one in his 14th season. I loved the hell out of Randle-El's 40 yard pass for that TD to Hines Ward! He was a High School or College QB i think they said.

Did I mention it was a great game?

6 people gave us their .02 cents:

John Q. Public esq. said...

that made made me think of Meat-Curtain...

hey pretty girl, I still dream of you...

ScarySquirrelMan said...

are you kidding??? boringest game i can remember that wasn't a blowout by the third quarter. did the seahawks get jobbed? maybe. reffing is also a sport sometimes. but it was two teams of high caliber playing down to their lowest common denominators.
actually, it was the commercials that sucked. the fedex one was cute and the magic fridge was okay. i was very disappointed in that regard. no cat herding by wells fargo.
oh well, pitchers and catchers report to camp in a couple of weeks.

Unknown said...

yo squirrel..any game that ISNT a blow out is good..i liked it..yes the refs hosed a couple calls. but in all...it was a good game..the commercials I am usually hustling chips or dips..i miss alot of them..but thats not why I watch..I watch cuz I love the game...

Metal Mark said...

I actually thought this was maybe the poorest Super Bowl in about ten years. We have been spoiled by five close ones out of the last eight, but even the recent blowouts were blowouts because one team played well. I don't think either team played well this year. The Steelers deserved it because they were better at being able to capitalize on the Seahawks mistakes, but they struggled for just about the whole first half and the defense didn't play well except for a few plays. The Seahawks had dumb penalties, dropped passes and clock management problems at the end of each half. These were the same mistakes that caused Seattle to get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round in 03 and 04.

Unknown said...

Well Mark, I like it when there are screwups..thats usually the only thing that separates two good teams, and whoever can take advantage of the other teams screwups is the winner. Your right, neither team played up to their potential. The coaching by Holmgren was a key factor in the loss, he seemed dumbfounded and couldnt recover, which again..will be a decideing factor.
I perfer a close game like this to a blowout like the charger/niners game, who wouldn't?
If your going to compare one superbowl to all the rest, you will always be able to find a better game..but thats not why I watch..I dont care what happened last year, or the year before..I live for this moment, this game. I am not quite as picky as you apparently..when the steelers were on the verge of making it 21-3 and the momentum turned on a screwup...how could you not be excited that it was a whole new game? The game could of gone either way afterr that point..and to me thats what makes a good game.

The Zombieslayer said...

You got to be kidding. That game was fixed. I'm not even a Seahawks fan, nor did I have money on the game. My monday's post detailed the bad calls.