Tuesday, November 29, 2005 | By: Unknown

Thanksgiving sucked..but its getting better all the time.

I cooked food I couldn't eat. I bitched about it the entire time. No one had sympathy for moi but they loved my candied yams and stuffing. I comandeered the stuffing once I figured out how to eat it thru the pain.

I was supposed to work on Thanksgiving but I said "fuck da man" and stayed home. I think I am building up a tolerance for Vicodin dammit. The Vic's however did give me the balls to tell my boss to kiss my ass. She has now hired someone to take part of my work load and is flying down Thursday to kiss MY ass. Neat eh?

I am going to give in to the ball and chains incessant whining and go to Vegas for two count em two days..its colder than shit over there right now but who goes outside whilst in sin city? He's paying all the expenses plus...JOE BONAMASSA IS GOING TO BE THERE!

All three of my regular readers know of my love for all things Joe B. This could perhaps be the reason I let the b&c talk me into this short excursion. Plus I told my boss I was going and if she didnt like it she could take a long walk off a very short pier.

I went back to the Dentist finally yesterday..he got out the heavy equipment and fixed up my new hardware so it actually hurts less! Praise be to Allah..er to Demitri the Dentist. I still cant eat a fucking thing other than yogurt and soup but the pain is no longer constant.

There will be friends to visit with in Vegas, there are some making the trip from the farthest reaches of our fair country. I am still crabby however and sound like I have a mouth-ful of marbles when I talk. I will simply smile alot and take lots and lots of pain meds. I will not however make the same mistake as John Q. Public and mix booze and pills..for moi a small bowl of herb and a couple Vicodin will do me up just right. Its only 48 hours but I am looking forward to the diversion.

I will of course blog from Vegas, I have no life after the music stops....gambling is boring and since I cant drink what the hell else is there..oh yeah..a cheap hooker for John Q...should be fun..

Jenn my dear..I will chat you up tonite sweetie :)

Alice..thanks for the xmas gift..do you need my addy sweetie?

Bruce..have you purchased a JOE B. cd yet? if not I know what you are getting for Xmas wink wink..

I feel guilty as hell for bailing on my job.....NOT!!!!!!!

Hope my son doesnt lose any of my kittens in the house whilst I am gone..he hates keeping track of them for fear I will disinherit him when I return. Shit, half of nothing is still nothing right?

Have a good, glorious and grand Tuesday sportsfans!

7 people gave us their .02 cents:

UnHoly Diver said...

Keep your cash; I have a Joe B. cd...

The Zombieslayer said...

I don't gamble much either. I've never spent more than $20 gambling in a Vegas trip, and we were there for a week once.

I know someone who built up a tolerance to Vicadins. He's my fav active player. Glad he was able to kick it.

I hope you get better soon. Pain sucks.

Read This said...

Gamble. Hookers. Drunken behavior. Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, including your money, and dignity. Of course the STD's do not stay there. Can you tell I'm not a fan of Vegas? Stop by my blog if you get bored in Vegas, and I cannot believe I just used bored and Vegas in the same sentence (twice.)

Joel said...

Sorry about your Thanksgiving. My was pretty good except for a spot or two of family slime mold.

Las Vegas is not a town that I care to spend much time in. Just watching movies showing it pushes me towards the edge.

Beth said...

YAY!!!! The Stars won last night!!!!

daisyduke said...

viva las vegas, baby!
Joe B, AGAIN!!wooooooooohoooooooooo
if you see any hotties looking for me, kindly direct them south and east...win big. have fun--even if it is with the b&c.

xo
d.

Martin said...

Joe B., huh? I'm going to have to look into him sometime. He's going to be in Vegas... better yet, so are you. Let me know if you have any questions. There's lots to do to avoid drinking and gambling. Mount Charleston is nice, the valley of fire, the Pahrump winery... oh yeah no drinking. Have a great time!