Saturday, April 29, 2006 | By: Unknown

Former pitcher Steve Howe dies at 48

Steve Howe, the first player suspended for life for drug use or "fried and tried" as he put it was killed friday afternoon returning to SoCal from AZ when his truck rolled over. Of course they are doing toxicology tests, but does it matter if he was under the influence after the fact? I don't think so. What matters is that he did turn his life around and its sad he has left this world too soon. Sportsline.com has a writeup here. Rest in peace Steve, your demons are gone for good and there is only one guy judging you now.

3 people gave us their .02 cents:

Anonymous said...

This really too bad. Reminds me of when Mike Sharperson went the same way. RIP.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P Steve.
TG

The Misanthrope said...

I was rather shocked and sad when I read the news today. He was a great part of the last truly great Dodger era.