Sports Blogs I read
Warriors complete sweep of Trail Blazers with blowout win in Portland - Golden State dominated from the very start. The Golden State Warriors sealed a playoff series sweep over the Portland Trail Blazers three minutes into t...3 hours ago
D'Onta Foreman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of His Infant Son's Death - Texas running back D’Onta Foreman had a tremendous season on the field for the Longhorns last year, rushing for 2,028 yards, scoring 15 touchdowns, and w...3 hours ago
VIDEO: The Warriors Are Shooting the Damn Lights Out - Unbelievable basketball.4 hours ago
‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Doesn’t Bother With The Details Of Its Own Story - 'The Zookeeper's Wife', starring Jessica Chastain, never bothers with the details of its own narrative.3 weeks ago
Padres Spring Training 2017: Broadcast schedule announced - You'll be able to catch 32 Spring Training games via TV, radio, or audio webcast. Padres Spring Training is getting closer and closer, with only 14 days...2 months ago
Red Sox vs. Mariners lineups: Andrew Benintendi waits for tomorrow - Andrew Benintendi is in Seattle, but out of the lineup Tuesday night. Andrew Benintendi's debut will wait one more day as Bryce Brentz starts in left fi...8 months ago
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 | By: Dusty Taylor
I woke up at 5am because my back is totally thrashed from working 20 hours this weekend. I looked at the clock..
As a Cali Native, you remember this stuff..when it happened and the time. You always remember the time.For this quake it happened at 5:12 am. Earthquakes leave a lasting impression, I have been through enough of them. I wasn't here for THIS one however, but i have read enough about it and the devastation. The fires did almost as much damage than the actual Quake,and killed many of those trapped. The bottom pic was taken from a hot air balloon. The fires lasted for 4 days. The quake was felt from Coos Bay to L.A..
People who have never lived in Cali are fond of saying they couldn't deal with the quakes. I say I would rather live through a quake than a tornado. But thats because I have never been through a tornado. I bet most people that fear quakes have never been through one either. They are kind of like a roller coaster ride, the big ones are anyway. You can't stand up, you get tossed about and it only lasts for a minute or two. The noise of the building shaking and the blinds rattling are deafening. When I owned my parrot, he always alerted me a few seconds prior to the start of a quake by screaming and thrashing about in his cage. Scientists aren't sure why some animals know they are coming before they hit. Then I had a dog that would sleep through the entire thing like my son does.
An excellent link to the Mother of all Quakes is here at the S.F. Museum. Perhaps people from outside Cali think I am strange for posting about this today..but like I said..you never forget the biggies if you lived here for any length of time, and this one 100 years ago today was the biggie.
Bitchy, opinionated female that loves sports.
My political blog is here.
The Shit I bitch about...
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (99)
- ► 2007 (89)
- When your team sucks, do you call in sick more oft...
- Former pitcher Steve Howe dies at 48
- Neil Youngs Living with War CD online for a free l...
- A long hot shower does wonders for your psyche.
- Chernobyl's 20th Anniversary
- Keith Hernandez is a Putz, among other things.
- Our PSA for this quarter
- What a long strange trip its been..for Dutch Dault...
- Boston's World Series Baseball will reside in the ...
- Nursing Slang.
- Vintage films,shorts and propaganda for sale
- Forbes values the Yank$ @ 1 Billion big ones..
- HNT shot at sunset thru a bank of fog..
- Speaking of my back being totally thrashed..
- 100 years ago today..the San Francisco Quake hit.
- The BEST Fark thread I have ever read
- Iran's new Prez smells bad and has NO sense of hum...
- How big IS that dog..or..if those were MY tax doll...
- And from our WTF? Department comes this gem:
- This weeks HNT..my son got Inked!
- An Inconvenient Truth
- First week of the season was..well, interesting.
- Got this from Seamus' blog..
- The lost gospel of Judas
- This amused me for 10 minutes.
- Si se puede
- God's places
- Only thing your getting this weekend out of moi.
- I live in the OD
- Sorry no HNT..
- Send Lawyers,Guns and Money..the shit has hit the ...
- Homeland Security Ass't Press Sec arrested on 23 c...
- Opening day..was..well..interesting.
- Let the Games begin!!!!!!
- And from our WTF? department...
- If you haven't heard enough about Barroid...
- ▼ April (36)