Sports Blogs I read
Brazilan Keeper Who Ordered His Ex-Girlfriend Tortured And Murdered Will Return To Prison - Brazilian goalkeeper Bruno de Souza—who signed for second tier club Boa Esporte last month—will return to prison to serve his 22-year sentence for organi...15 minutes ago
Daryl Washington reinstated to return to Cardinals after 3 years of suspensions - The Cardinals are still not convinced that Washington will ever play for the team again. Daryl Washington has been conditionally reinstated to return to...20 minutes ago
Steve Kerr is So Good at Coaching That He Can Send a Stand-in - He doesn’t even need to be there.1 hour ago
Bush-Jeter group wins auction to buy Marlins for $1.3 billion - The group headed by former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Yankees’ legend Derek Jeter are expected to be the new owners of the Marlins after winni...2 hours ago
‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Doesn’t Bother With The Details Of Its Own Story - 'The Zookeeper's Wife', starring Jessica Chastain, never bothers with the details of its own narrative.4 weeks ago
Padres Spring Training 2017: Broadcast schedule announced - You'll be able to catch 32 Spring Training games via TV, radio, or audio webcast. Padres Spring Training is getting closer and closer, with only 14 days...2 months ago
Red Sox vs. Mariners lineups: Andrew Benintendi waits for tomorrow - Andrew Benintendi is in Seattle, but out of the lineup Tuesday night. Andrew Benintendi's debut will wait one more day as Bryce Brentz starts in left fi...8 months ago
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 | By: Dusty Taylor
If I lived anywhere else in the United States..i wouldnt give a rats ass..but here..its a big deal..Buck was a big deal..he was a benevolent man that still spent his money here in BakeTown. He still lived here for gods sake..I dunno why.. but he never left..until today.
Perhaps its because he still loved this place..this country spot in the middle of Cali..all these Okies that still listen to country even if its no longer cool. Buck was a magnanimous man..and he will be missed here. He took a shitty sign that was ove the entrance to a seedy motel and made it a landmark. I stayed at that shitty motel..it sucked..but the sign was beautiful and in decay..Buck made it pretty again. He was a good man that loved his roots. His "Crystal Palace" was a fine establishment that still kept country music, and any music for that matter..alive and part of our lives. The stars from all walks of the music business would flock here for his birthday party each year.
Buck was a great man among the little people.. and rightfully so. I admire his tenacity to stay in the country music business..he discovered a few talents..among them..Dwight Yocum.
Bakersfield is a hard place to grow up..even harder a place to make a living..Buck did both and never left us..he was true to his "school".and for that I will respect him. He never got too big for his britches..He was on TV less than a week ago celebrating his birthday with a book that was written about him for elementary school students..he will be missed. We always miss a man of his stature..they are so hard to find in this day and age.
Bitchy, opinionated female that loves sports.
My political blog is here.
The Shit I bitch about...
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (99)
- ► 2007 (89)
- City-wide radio salute to Buck at high noon.
- Balco Owner Conte gets out of slammer today, and s...
- Now for something completely different for HNT..
- The 10 most polluted American cities..
- The "Big Unit" is a tight-ass.
- Graceland is now a national historic site..wtf?
- Talk radio host gets the boot for using the word "...
- Buck Owens has passed on to the other side..
- Well..I told the boss lady I am done.
- Jeez..if the Cinncy Reds don't suck enough already...
- Barroid Bonds to sue authors of "Game of Shadows"
- Color me blue for HNT
- The best sex partner is....
- My Saturday ..
- No post today..
- Masks of life..and death
- US defeated by Mexico 2-1
- 15 Minutes of Sex with Colin Farrell is worth 3 Mi...
- The Moon is 99% full...
- All Hail breaks loose.
- Wind, rain, snow, sleet..wtf?
- No HNT today
- These are the faces of rich kids. Rich kids that...
- Gordon Parks dies at 93
- Jeez..Men still do this to farm animals?
- Barroid Bonds should NEVER be in the Hall of Fame
- Paul Butterfield to be inducted into the Blues Hal...
- Another meme..but a musical one.
- John Cory, can this man write or what..
- All I wanted was a friggin Pizza.
- Damn..its a long test but I enjoyed it.
- HNT shadows and sunsets.
- To dream the Impossible Dream
- Frank Thomas, the Big Hurt, gets bitch slapped.
- ▼ March (35)