Sports Blogs I read
Formula 1 results: Sebastian Vettel wins 2017 Australian Grand Prix, plus full finishing order - Sebastian Vettel has got 2017 started off with a bang, beating Lewis Hamilton for first place in the Australian Grand Prix. Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari ...4 hours ago
Oregon's Jordan Bell Was Everywhere and Did Everything Against Kansas - Kansas was a 7-point favorite in a de facto home game with a trip to the Final Four on the line. Considering the way the Jayhawks dominated (...)8 hours ago
Rangers rumors: Rougned Odor close to extension with Texas - The deal is reportedly for six years. Though earlier this month there was reportedly a “decent-sized gap” between Texas’ extension offer and Rougned Odo...18 hours ago
Padres Spring Training 2017: Broadcast schedule announced - You'll be able to catch 32 Spring Training games via TV, radio, or audio webcast. Padres Spring Training is getting closer and closer, with only 14 days...1 month ago
Police Had To Break Up This Bloody Fight Between Fans At A Rams Vs. Chiefs Preseason Game - Training camp fights aren't just limited to players, as these fans showed that people who watch football go as hard as those who play it.7 months ago
Red Sox vs. Mariners lineups: Andrew Benintendi waits for tomorrow - Andrew Benintendi is in Seattle, but out of the lineup Tuesday night. Andrew Benintendi's debut will wait one more day as Bryce Brentz starts in left fi...7 months ago
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 22, 2006 | By: Dusty Taylor
Fuck you U.S. District Judge Jeffrey White. He agreed with the prosecutor in the case and handed down an 18 month jail sentence to both Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada, authors of "Game of Shadows", the book about sports figures who cheat to gain an advantage. They refused to name the individual that provided them with confidential Grand Jury transcripts. The judge is allowing the reporters to stay out of jail pending an appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
But Barroid Bonds continues to play baseball and get paid millions and lie his worthless ass off about what illicit drugs he used when he set the record for most homeruns.
How is this justice? Plainly it isn't. But I salute the two reporters for keeping their yaps shut on their sources. Reporters are the guardians of truth and as such shouldn't be punished for providing it to the citizens when it comes to secret hearings and court proceedings. SI has a writeup here. The Feds fucked this whole BALCO investigation up from the start by allowing the manufacturers and distributors to basically go free, several did a few months.
No one has done 18 months who was guilty of anything, and there were plenty of guilty muthafuckers. With regard to the millions of tax dollars spent on the investigation and subsequent hearings and trials, its all bullshit..and a dog and pony show which gave the government the ammo it needed to lean on professional sports about their lack of testing for and punishment given out to players that use performance-enhancing drugs to gain an edge over their competitors.
Fuck you all, you federal bags of batshit..twice even.
Bitchy, opinionated female that loves sports.
My political blog is here.
The Shit I bitch about...
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (99)
- ► 2007 (89)
- Ok..the Pads and the Dodgers are in the playoffs.....
- Well this certainly sucks.
- T.O. tries suicide..then says he didn't
- Oh Sweet Jesus, its almost playoff time in basebal...
- Etta Baker, Blues musician passes on.
- The Superdome once again hosts a football game.
- Trevor Hoffman, No. 51 : Off speed KILLS..
- 478..its a great number tonight for Padre fans.
- Touchdown Jeebus pulls one out of his robe.
- Some Blues for your listening pleasure...
- Sat. Mammal Blogging
- SF Reporters given 18 months by Federal Judge
- A-rod..its all about A-Rod again?
- Good article up on Slate about..gasp..the NFL Sund...
- First penis transplant a sucess but the patient ch...
- Padres vs Dodgers..after two innings..
- Its Monday..yuck
- Reggie Bush..you fucked up dude..
- I just have one question....
- From our WTF? dept today..
- Blogger is a bitch today..and so am I
- The Hero's of 9/11 need our help.
- Saturday Mammal Blogging..
- Its friday and its football season too..
- Marlin's Sanchez tosses a No-No..
- Padres closing in on first .....wonders will never...
- Pad's come from behind on Mikie's birthday..
- 10,000 Reasons Civilization is Doomed
- Cut-day in the NFL& weekend Mammal Blogging
- ▼ September (29)