Sports Blogs I read
Brazilan Keeper Who Ordered His Ex-Girlfriend Tortured And Murdered Will Return To Prison - Brazilian goalkeeper Bruno de Souza—who signed for second tier club Boa Esporte last month—will return to prison to serve his 22-year sentence for organi...15 minutes ago
Daryl Washington reinstated to return to Cardinals after 3 years of suspensions - The Cardinals are still not convinced that Washington will ever play for the team again. Daryl Washington has been conditionally reinstated to return to...20 minutes ago
Steve Kerr is So Good at Coaching That He Can Send a Stand-in - He doesn’t even need to be there.1 hour ago
Bush-Jeter group wins auction to buy Marlins for $1.3 billion - The group headed by former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Yankees’ legend Derek Jeter are expected to be the new owners of the Marlins after winni...2 hours ago
‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Doesn’t Bother With The Details Of Its Own Story - 'The Zookeeper's Wife', starring Jessica Chastain, never bothers with the details of its own narrative.4 weeks ago
Padres Spring Training 2017: Broadcast schedule announced - You'll be able to catch 32 Spring Training games via TV, radio, or audio webcast. Padres Spring Training is getting closer and closer, with only 14 days...2 months ago
Red Sox vs. Mariners lineups: Andrew Benintendi waits for tomorrow - Andrew Benintendi is in Seattle, but out of the lineup Tuesday night. Andrew Benintendi's debut will wait one more day as Bryce Brentz starts in left fi...8 months ago
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 | By: Dusty Taylor
In 6 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes and 13 seconds they begin. The Baseball playoffs.
I am so excited. I love this time of year. Even if MY team doesn't make it into the playoffs, I love them. My Padres are in 1st in the NL West by two games as I write this..although they are attempting to give this evenings game to the St. Louis Cards..bastards. The Dodgers, the ball and chains team, are beating the Rockies..and since the Phillies lost today, I guess thats a good thing for the hated Dodgers in the race for the Wild Card spot.
I could give a shit as long as my Padres don't give it up to the Dodgers..only 6 games left in the season. I just don't want to listen to a whole friggin winter of "my team made it, how about yours woman?". That shit tends to piss me off. I don't gloat...well, maybe here on the blog..but not to him. Its not nice to gloat.
The game now is..who will win the MVP, the Cy Young and the ROY (Rookie of the Year)? These awards are voted on by the baseball writers.. an illustrious group of fuckwits if ever I saw one. Half of them are egocentric blowhards, the rest are pretty good and sometimes quite funny. There is a nice breakdown of the players that might possibly win any of these awards over at SI.com
I would like to see Pujols win the MVP again..but the kid from Philly is looking like the sure winner. Ryan Howard would be the first Philly since Mike Schmidt to win the MVP. I still like Prince Albert. He is a good person, doesn't have a huge ego and truely cares about kids. His stepdaughter has downs syndrome and I think he has a non-profit organization that helps these wonderful kids. To me, an MVP is more than stats..its about character and Albert Pujols surely has that in massive amounts.EDIT: I have been informed that yes, A.Pujols has a foundation for exceptional kids, the linkage is here.
There are also whispers that my man Trevor Hoffman might get the CY..I am not banking on it because Brandon Webb really deserves it. I watched Webb come up through the Dbacks ranks when I lived in AZ.
When its all said and done baseball players are grown men playing a childs game for a whole lotta money.
OK, gotta root the Padres on..and my back is thrashed as it was physical therapy day..have a good Hump Day my dear reader :)
Bitchy, opinionated female that loves sports.
My political blog is here.
The Shit I bitch about...
- ► 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (99)
- ► 2007 (89)
- Ok..the Pads and the Dodgers are in the playoffs.....
- Well this certainly sucks.
- T.O. tries suicide..then says he didn't
- Oh Sweet Jesus, its almost playoff time in basebal...
- Etta Baker, Blues musician passes on.
- The Superdome once again hosts a football game.
- Trevor Hoffman, No. 51 : Off speed KILLS..
- 478..its a great number tonight for Padre fans.
- Touchdown Jeebus pulls one out of his robe.
- Some Blues for your listening pleasure...
- Sat. Mammal Blogging
- SF Reporters given 18 months by Federal Judge
- A-rod..its all about A-Rod again?
- Good article up on Slate about..gasp..the NFL Sund...
- First penis transplant a sucess but the patient ch...
- Padres vs Dodgers..after two innings..
- Its Monday..yuck
- Reggie Bush..you fucked up dude..
- I just have one question....
- From our WTF? dept today..
- Blogger is a bitch today..and so am I
- The Hero's of 9/11 need our help.
- Saturday Mammal Blogging..
- Its friday and its football season too..
- Marlin's Sanchez tosses a No-No..
- Padres closing in on first .....wonders will never...
- Pad's come from behind on Mikie's birthday..
- 10,000 Reasons Civilization is Doomed
- Cut-day in the NFL& weekend Mammal Blogging
- ▼ September (29)