Friday, October 26, 2007 | By: Unknown

Its Boston over the Rockies by 2 games.

I lived in the Fenway also known as the "Fens" in the middle 70's. I have loved baseball since I was old enough to listen to games on the radio with my father. I could see the back side of the stadium and hear the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd.

It was awesome. The games I could attend were some of the best I have ever seen. I throughly enjoyed my time in Boston and Cambridge. I still can see Carlton Fisk in my minds eye, his body english trying to guide the ball over the fence in the wee hours of the night. So it is with great pleasure I watch this years World Serious (not a typo). My sister marvels at the fact that I know all the players, even my husband looks at me with awe and complains that the Beantown players don't have their names on the backs of their jerseys.

I tell him thats the way baseball was in the old days..it saved money to be able to rotate those numbers and jersey to another player without buying new ones or changing the lettering.

I remember laying on the couch watching a game, and simultaneously listening to the crowd in the ball park. The glow of the Citgo sign lighting up the night.

I want the series to go 7 games. Because when it's over..so is baseball. That makes me mighty sad my dear reader.

Baseball is a wonderful diversion for me. It takes my mind away from the travesties that happen in our lives. It's makes me smile even after I have seen death and destruction as a daily occurance on the evening news.

So, I will amuse myself with Football until the end of January and then..sigh..Hockey in a half-assed sort of way.

Nothing is a good as baseball when it comes to a great diversion, its on everyday!. It's better for me than a couple of glasses of wine too, or so they tell me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 people gave us their .02 cents: