Sunday, January 06, 2008 | By: Unknown

Clemens: He would take a lie detector test.

Update: Clemens has filed a lawsuit against McNamee

After watching The Rocket sit and seethe during his entire 60 minutes interview, I am left wondering a few things..

All the information against him IS hearsay. McNamee didn't lie about Andy Pettitte however. Was there incentive for McNamee to lie about Roger Clemens? A couple of choice quotes from Clemens during the interview:

"Twenty-four, twenty-five years Mike. You'd think I'd get an inch of respect. An inch," he adds. "How can you prove your innocence?"

"Never happened," Clemens says. "Never happened. And if I have these needles and these steroids and all these drugs, where did I get 'em? Where is the person out there gave 'em to me? Please, please come forward."

Clemens then steered the interview towards the drugs he did do; lidocaine, B-12 and Vioxx. He stated he ate Vioxx like candy. Vioxx has been taken off the market because of serious risk of heart damage and strokes. Clemens was quite adamant that he worries if he will have any lasting effects from eating Vioxx like "skittles". He stated he was given numerous pain medications via injections from team physicians, who also prescribed the Vioxx to him.

I still don't know about this guy. I want to believe he didn't. I feel that there is also no way to explain how he could still pitch at the level he did after the age of 40. But he wasn't the only pitcher to still be able to get it done after 40; Randy Johnson did briefly, Phil Niekro and Satchel Paige, who pitched into his 50's are a few that come to mind. ESPN lists others who pitched into their 40's:
Cy Young, 1908 (21-11, 1.26 ERA)
Pete Alexander, 1927 (21-10, 2.52)
Tom Seaver, 1985 (16-11, 3.17)
Warren Spahn, 1963 (23-7, 2.60)
Nolan Ryan, 1989 (16-10, 2.30)

Man, how could I forget Nolan Ryan? All the guys named by ESPN are in the HOF.. like I said..I just don't know..and perhaps we never will, without concrete proof, who can say?

But if Clemens can prove his innocence..they need to string up McNamee..seriously.

*Image is Cy Young's section in the HOF.

0 people gave us their .02 cents: