Tuesday, November 13, 2007 | By: Unknown

MLB names AL and NL ROYs and AL CY


The AL Rookie of the Year is Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sawx. The NL ROY winner is Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Morons..I mean Brewers.

Today C.C. Sabathia got the nod as the AL Cy Young winnar..which I think is wrong..but wtf do I know about baseball..my fantasy teams all sucked hind tit but one..and I had 6 of them. I thought Josh Beckett would win it..silly me. According to Sportsline it was a close vote:

Sabathia went 19-7 with a 3.21 ERA and 209 strikeouts, pitching a major league-high 241 innings. Beckett (20-7) became the only big league pitcher to win 20 games since 2005, compiling a 3.27 ERA in 200 2/3 innings. Lackey led the AL in ERA at 3.01, going 19-9 and tossing 224 innings. Voting took place before the postseason, when Sabathia struggled while Beckett pitched the Red Sox to a World Series championship with a string of dominant outings. Sabathia became the first Indians pitcher to win the award since Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry in 1972.

Gaylord won a CY? I had no idea..

0 people gave us their .02 cents: