Tuesday, May 31, 2005 | By: Dusty Taylor

Deep Throat finally comes forward..and no we aren't talking about Linda Lovelace..

O..MY..GOD...I just love it!!! The irony is fucking fantastic!!! It was a senior member of the FBI..one of Tricky Dicks own guys that blew the whistle on him..for those of you too young to remember the whole sordid mess..the watergate affair is one of THE biggest scars on the american psyche..at least in my view it is..we were doing dirty tricks straight out of the whitehouse..all w/the presidents approval..a shitload of rich men getting paid with US TAX DOLLARS were fucking with the democrats like it was a friggin contest..

anyways..deep throat was protected by the reporters first amendment rights i believe..i am so giddy with this announcement i forget which friggin amendment it is..sue me...ITS RICH FOLKS..you can not make this shit up its so damn good..

"Mr. Felt, who is 91 and living in Santa Rosa, Calif., was the second-in-command at the Federal Bureau Investigation in the early 1970's, during the Nixon administration. According to the magazine, Mr. Felt kept his secret even from his family until 2002, when he confided it to a friend. Now, Vanity Fair said, Mr. Felt has given Mr. O'Connor permission to disclose his identity in the magazine's July issue. "The Felt family cooperated fully, providing old photographs for the story and agreeing to sit for portraits," Vanity Fair said."(reprinted from the NY Times article, link to which is embedded in the title)

Kudos to Vanity Fair who by the way, do some excellent expose's on occasion. I read em quite abit and yes for the articles..fuck the ads..i dont have that kinda money..its a pricey mag..very glossy and NYC..but well worth the price when this article breaks..get it at your news stands folks!

its the final chapter in a saga that ,for people in my age bracket, showed the ugly underside of politics and a corrupt administration in the harsh glare of daylight. They could not refute it, they could not make it go away..and yes sportsfans..it was the republicans..my favorite bunch of corrupt politicos..too bad nixon isnt alive, he would shit down both legs with this information..one of his own fucked him in the ass and didnt even kiss him first.. makes ya wanna smile dont it?

11 people gave us their .02 cents:

FantasticAlice said...

Aftering reading over the comments in my blog, I had to check out yours.

Boy, that gives me some interesting things to think about... and all the conspiracy nuts are out in droves...

Bruce said...

I'm glad the guy came clean, but 31 years after the fact, it just seems a bit anti-clamatic to me. Maybe it's old age or maybe it's the fact that I've tried to put thaT time of my life out of my head.

Jenn said...

Boo! I'm one of those "young" people you're talking about. Now I feel stupid. I have no idea what this was all about. But you better be damn sure I'm gonna read my little ass off about it.

Thanks too. I like reading about stuff like this on the net.

daisyduke said...

i can remember sitting on olive green shag carpeting, in front of our black and white tv, with the dial that you had to turn by hand--the one with pliers latched onto the vhf dial---just wondering if my beloved shows were ever gonna return. it was a lifetime (long before the lifetime channel)of crap i didn't wanna watch.
thank goodness that's over, and the government has cleaned itself up!

Bruce said...

I was just out of college when all this came down. I remember watching most of the hearings with my parents, and my mother saying that it rivaled the McCarthy hearings of the 50s. It was a sad time in our country...

Rat In A Cage said...

Yeah, the government is all cleaned up (coughs) - good one, Daisy!

I remember the hand turning & the plyers. I laugh when I misplace remote & walk around for 5 minutes before I remember I can walk to television to change channels "by hand."

Listen to Jenn, "young" & "little ass" in once sentence. For someone too sick to write, she sure is heady.

Stop working so much & get back to posting, damn it!

Jenn said...

Hahah! Mr. Rat. I wasn't being perverse, damnit. And I'm not THAT young! So it's not like pedophile-ness or something.

I had one of those TV's!! I remember. And I remember daddy's 8-track. The good old day's. I really do miss them......

Boo. This is all making me think and reminisce now.

John Q. Public esq. said...

why yes it does now if we could only get one for Bush and his bunch of soon to be convicts...

JQP

Anonymous said...

While searching for dog training school new jersey I just have not had the best search results. Maybe I need to create my own blog and let others post so I can get better info on dog training school new jersey.

dusty said...

yeah..i guess so anon..how the hell did you end up w/this post for gods sake?

. said...

.